Wednesday, June 30, 2004

i need a vacation. . .

well, the 60th birthday extraveganza went off without a hitch, but by sunday night i was ready for a two day nap . . . there are some pictures already posted of the various events (ewa and i got a new digital camera and took it everywhere we went. . . ewa wants to document our life more in pictures. . . maybe as future evidence?). if you want to check them out, shoot me an email and i'll send you a link.

so here's the recap . . .

after feeling hungover all day friday from extra strong magarita's thursday with raymond (close family friend and houseguest) and ewa, we headed out to mccormick and kulletos in ghiradelli square for pre-saturday night party dinner for close friends and family (about 16 of us). dinner was pretty good, and the views were incredible . . . .

after dinner, the younger folks (my sister kaley, cousin nicola, lovely ewa, and mr. raymond) headed out to the marina for drinks. not my first choice, but we were all dressed up and it was right around the corner. ended up meeting up with my friend gary, and then a second group that had nick, his loverly lady friend, and derrick. we hit 2 or 3 bars, and needless to say we all got a bit liquored up - here's some pics:


raymond, nic, and ewa at cosmos



end of the night. . . some bar



saturday we started slow, ran some errands for my mom who was freaking out about getting everything done in time for the party that night, then napped, and got ready to go. i wasn't feeling to hot - two nights of heavy food and heavy drinks was taking a tool on the body. we got all spiffed up, and headed over the parents place on telegraph hill. they had decked it out for a a sit down dinner for about 40. fully catered, waiters, bartenders, the whole thing was great. we did a light roast and toast of the b'day boy before the shuttle showed up to take us downtown to my cousins new restaurant/club, roe. they had rented out the bottom floor complete with dj and wine bar, and we danced and drank until the wee hours of the night. . .a good time had by all . . .


us at the house




the family . . .




gary and me at the club



we ended up not being able to make it the sunday event, sunday brunch at mooses. instead we headed out to fremont for a going away party for one of ewa's friends. we had a great time - at a lot of food, played in the park, even went out on a little raft in a lake - it was a good lazy sunday afternoon. . . sunday night we slept!

we're off again tonight - we are heading out to westport kentucky to visit uncle gene for a big 4th of july bash on the farm. my dad will be there too, and it should be wild drunken weekend . . . just what i need.

pictures (heavily edited i'm guessing) and stories (even more heavily edited) to follow. . .

2 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about business franchise. I also have a site about business franchise which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog, and will add it to "my favorites". I am new to blogging, but not new to car clubs. I have furnished custom made car badges to dozens of car clubs all over the country. I have a web site that I feel you will find both interesting and informative. Please pay me a visit when you have time.
**car clubs**nissan car club

 

Post a Comment

<< Home